News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Instrument Lighting

Started by mrocketscience, 2007-12-17 15:19

Previous topic - Next topic

mrocketscience

Hi, I've got a Country Sedan with no dash lighting. I can't locate a fuse box of any sort. Is there a fuse for this, and if so where is it located?Thanks.....

shopratwoody

The interior light fuse is located on the rear of the headlight sw. Also if the rheostat is bad they may
not light. good luck
Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

mrocketscience

Ok, Thanks... I'll take a look at that..... Mike

Hoosier Hurricane

Mike, the instrument lights are not powered through the interior light fuse on the back of the headlight switch.  They are powered through the rheostat on the switch, which is the most likely culprit.  Corrosion builds on the rheostat and its contact.  Sometimes working the rheostat back and forth several times will wear off the corrosion and the lights will work again.  Also, are you sure all the bulbs are not burned out?  I've seen it happen, they go out one at a time until they're all out, then the customer would notice the dash lights didn't work.    John

mrocketscience

Hi... Thanks, John, I'll check that as well... I guess the lights could be burned out, don't know, they didn't work when I bought the car. I'll check 'em out this weekend, hopefully It'll stop raining by then... ;)     Mike