News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

winterizing

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2013-10-05 12:09

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

would u drain the gas tank?,  or would u top it off and use some stabilizer?,  thanks   jerry

4thgen57

I always top it off. Prevents rust build up in the tank due to condensation. I have never used stabilizer though. I always start mine every couple weeks to let it get warm. has always worked for me.
Chris

BWhitmore

If you decide to use a fuel stabilizer (Sta-Bil), be sure to let the engine run for 3-4 minutes using the stabilized fuel.  This will ensure that the fuel lines, fuel pump and float bowl are filled with stablished fuel.

Frankenstein57

Jerry, I always use sea foam in my stored vehicles. Since I have been using it in my snowmobiles, no fuel related issues. We talked about about the non alcohol fuels last year, but I remember the stations were too far from you. I've used the no alcohol fuel all summer in my ranchero, there is a station 15 minutes  away. Gives me an excuse to go for a ride. Price is down right now, think I'll fill er up today, Mark