News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Weight of 2dr custom

Started by Ecode70D, 2013-11-06 03:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

This is kind of a trivial thing, but might be of importance to someone with a mostly stock 2dr custom.  I took mine out for a nice long drive a few days ago and decided to have it weighed.
    The total weight is 3660 lbs with no front bumper and front gravel pan.  I was sitting in the car so that sort of averages it out.  In Mass, they ask for the weight the first time we have a vehicle inspected.   

4banger

My 57 weight is 3640 without me in the car. That is with a 427 FE and a 5 speed

RICH MUISE

Good to know...thanks for posting.
A while back, we were having a discusion on the weights of different vehicles, specifically the '57's compared to the donor vehicles our drivetrains were being pulled from. I can't remember if I posted a correction on what I said..that both my Mark viii's weighed 4921 lbs. according to the vin tag. The number was correct, but it is GVWR weight, which is the anticipated operating weight of the car fully loaded with passengers, gas, cargo, etc. I didn't know what GVWR meant.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

modifieddriver

Interesting information.

So when we gut one for oval track racing we take out more "stuff" than I thought.  I assumed the stock weight to be about 3,250 - 3,350 lbs.
If ya' really want it, all ya' have to do is "STEP- UP"