News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Fiberglass body parts?

Started by 410ranchero, 2013-10-29 21:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt997

410,  Thanks for doing this research and posting prices. I am also thinking of going with a one piece front end, and had spoken to Show cars, thanks for the warning, I was about to order from them.  I will now most likely go with the Suncoast parts. Perhaps they might knock a couple bucks off for only having to dig out the molds one time for 2 orders or at least give you a discount for bringing in another sale.
Thanks,
Brian Raymond

410ranchero

No problem. I would stay far away from Showcars. A simple google search will give you more than enough bad stories about that place.

I have heard a few gripes about Suncoast, but most of them once you read the story you can come to the conclusion that the buyer was expecting to pull it out of the crate,spray it with paint and bolt it on. I'm sorry, but I dont think you would have that experience even with a NOS steel fender. I expect to put some filler on and spend some time blocking. But I wont be buying front end patch panels and welding for two weeks, so it should be a wash dollar wise, and certainly work wise, atleast on my rust bucket!

I'll hopefully be ordering after the first of the year if you would want to try and place our orders together and see if they will cut us a deal. My goal is to have my car back on the road by this time next year. I still have to do a complete floor replacement, inner and outer rockers on both sides, and dog legs at least on one side.

RICH MUISE

I added them to our list of '57 suppliers' links. Let us know how things go with it whenever you get it. LOL...sure don't want to add showcars, or whatever it was. James would ban me for life.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe