News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

65 Falcon

Started by alvin stadel, 2013-11-15 20:35

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

Thanks for all your input and replys, I feel it in the seat, I'v pretty much tryed everything you have suggested. Jims idea of running it up to 70 and kicking it out of gear is something I haven't tryed, but will. Also the trans mount is still original, looked ok but maybe not. Rich I never drove the car much after I bought it, kind of scary, looked good but scary. I have several  57s all with 14in tires and rims, may change out a set just to see if it is the problem. Snowing like a mad man here now so I guess I have some time to think about this.  Thanks Alvin

Harry

I have seen this many times before, I worked at Ford dealership in 1965 and there were a lot of Mustangs that had the very vibration you are talking about. Ford came out with a fix, It was a weight about 5 inch's long and 3 inch's round and had a curved arm on one end with I think 3 holes in it. Well any how it bolts to the tail shaft housing and hung backwards under the front u-joint.
I probable put 50 to 100 of these on the Mustangs and Falcons. Finally they started showing up from the factory pre installed.Just a thought.

hiball3985

Quote from: Harry on 2013-11-20 11:16
I have seen this many times before, I worked at Ford dealership in 1965 and there were a lot of Mustangs that had the very vibration you are talking about. Ford came out with a fix, It was a weight about 5 inch's long and 3 inch's round and had a curved arm on one end with I think 3 holes in it. Well any how it bolts to the tail shaft housing and hung backwards under the front u-joint.
I probable put 50 to 100 of these on the Mustangs and Falcons. Finally they started showing up from the factory pre installed.Just a thought.
This is interesting information. I have never seen one but after doing a little research I see they have been used on many trans, C4, T5, AOD. And in other makes besides Fords. I haven't found a picture of one yet.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: Harry on 2013-11-20 11:16

Yup, there was one on the 72 Ranchero FMX that is in my street rod, left it there.  Firm believer in "if the factory put it there it needs to stay there"!!!!  BTW, no vibration in that car at all!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Jeff Norwell

Wow.never seen or heard of that..great info

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

rmk57

Sounds like a primitive driveshaft loop?

Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Boss/Cyclone

Check this thread out.  Has pictures of one on a 65 Cyclone.
http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5679
57 Ford two door wagon
67 Shelby GT500 #2100 428, dual quads, 4speed
65 Cyclone drag car, 427, 4speed, ladder bars, etc.
64 Cyclone, Aztec Gold, 289, 4speed
66 Mustang GT fastback 347 5speed 4.22 gears
69 Mustang GT convertible 351 auto

Ecode70D

I've seen them in the past and always wondered what they were supposed to do.  Took a lot of them off also.   

hiball3985

Found this one, forgot if it was a T5 or AOD
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang