News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

What Do You Think ?

Started by petew, 2014-01-05 17:41

Previous topic - Next topic

petew

Had a 2" Autometer tach lying around and a junk clock that I found on ebay. I will fill the clock stem hole.

BWhitmore

Looks Great.  You may have come up with a new product. 

RICH MUISE

Nice job....if you rev it over 5G's, will an alarm go off? Never mind..how stupid of me, those were not alarm clocks.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

sprink88

~Chris

robhaerr

Great idea!

Are you going to mount it where the clock normally goes?

That's kinda far over to the right(?)

petew

Yup it will be going in the clock space and it is a little far to the right. I want a tach but considering that it is monitoring a bone stock 312 I really don't need one. So this gives me one that i can peek over at to see idle and cruise RPM's when I get curious. I guess you could say it's better than nothing . Kind of a challenge to see where I could hide it !

Pete

petew

Been playing with it a little more , blacked out the Autometer logo to try and clean it up a little .

VwDrvFnd

I would fill the hole with an LED to indicate red line! Very nice job! I have an extra clock in my parts bin i think i might just copy your efforts!
I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?

petew

Go for it, sure was easy to do . The tach is an Autometer Z series part # 2697 for the 5000 and 2698 for the 8000 rpm version. Good idea with the LED but I put the stem back for now.

Pete