News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Appraisals

Started by Finally1, 2014-01-04 18:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Finally1

I had my car appraised today and wasnt very happy . Its a 19,000 miles Arkansas car 6 banger three on the tree . Its had a repaint and interior done 20 years back and still looks new . It was appraised at $14,500 . I have been watching these cars for a few years and that seems low from what I have been seeing them sell for .
1957-70A -19000 miles
1966 Gt Fairlane 38000 miles

Both cars still have original sheet metal

Ecode70D

Your 57 sure looks nice in Member's rides.
   Did something happen?  Was he angry with you for some reason?   I can't figure that out.  Was he a licensed appraiser?

JimNolan

It's only worth something when you go to buy it.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Lou

What did he charge you, and was he licensed by the DMV or Insurance Dept of your state?

Finally1

I had him do  my 57 300 and my 66 Fairlane Gt . He charged me $150.00 for both cars and the trip he is 50 miles away . He is licensed through the State . The Fairlane appraised for $32,500 and was very happy with that . He was kinda picking on the 300 like he didnt believe it was as original as my claim and I have copies of the original titles .I had them appraised for insurance purposes and I paid more than that for the 300 . I gave $20 for the car and I am very happy with it if you seen the pics the bottom of the car is a clean as the topside . He was a older fellow and a very nice guy he definitely took a shine to my 66 .
1957-70A -19000 miles

4banger

Had my 57 custom 300 appraised last spring for $ 25,000 and my insurance co. Haggerty accepted it. Appraisal only was $ 90.00 He was licensed. Got it done in Florida.

Ecode70D

That sounds more like it.     

Lou

The 300 is a 6 cyl, which hurts the value, but I still think he's low, I would think around $18,000 to $22,000 seeing as you can prove the milage.
$150, was a very fair price, I get $125 for a single car, $200 for 2 cars, and $75 for each car after that if all are in the same place.
FYI...2013 was one of my busyest years in a long time I appraised 98 cars last year, 71 for loan value, 20 for insurance, 2 for insurance damage, 1 for an out of state buyer. Things seem to be looking up for the old car hobby.

Finally1

Yeah he said your damn near as plain jane as u can get except for the business coupe . I just know what I went through to find it and how many I looked at some nice some not and this was 30 minutes from my house and his neighbors didn't he know he had it . 
1957-70A -19000 miles

RICH MUISE

Did you tell him in this case, being the Plain Jane was a good thing?  Doesn't sound like he is up on current supply and demand.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Finally1

I didnt want to argue with him it was cold and he appeared to be in his 70's and the garage is not heated . We were out there for about 40 minutes per car and it was 10-20 degrees outside . He said he know that the 300 or and the Custom were more desirable but that doesn't affect the value . I was lost on that comment but oh well . It turns out I can go $25 k without and appraisal I put it at $23,500 and just kept the paper work to myself .
1957-70A -19000 miles

hiball3985

I have no experience with having cars appraised but it seems to me you are only getting one persons opinion when that happens. It would be interesting to see what the difference would be between two different people. Has anyone ever done that?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang