News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 technology meets 2014 technology

Started by Limey57, 2014-02-08 14:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Limey57

I know the traditionalists like to rely on illegible hand written notes to figure out a problem, but sometimes you just gotta embrace todays technology and your favourite site to figure something out!

Gary

1957 Ranchero

hiball3985

That's know as cheating  :003: And remember, just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

I'm missing something here.  What's going on?

Frankenstein57

If I had to guess I'd say Gary was out in his shop, admiring his progress on the ranchero, and felt the need to post what was on his mind. Looks good Gary!        Mark

Ecode70D

Now I notice what Gary has on his computer.

JPotter57

And that is the gospel truth....I love this photo
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Limey57

I was trying to figure out how to sort the brackets needed when using a Wurth steering rack conversion and was using all the photos in the steering section for reference while trying to figure it out.

Invaluable.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

gasman826

There was a magazine article featuring the installation of a WurthIt system in a '57-'64.  I GOOGLED it but found nothing.  If you are stuck, I'll research my archives for the hardcopy.

Limey57

Quote from: gasman826 on 2014-02-09 08:58
There was a magazine article featuring the installation of a WurthIt system in a '57-'64.  I GOOGLED it but found nothing.  If you are stuck, I'll research my archives for the hardcopy.

Thanks, but I THINK I'm okay now.  I trawled through the articles in the steering section on here and found plenty of photos that pointed me in the right direction.  The problems were trying to mount the lower end of the steering column in the right position to allow everything to work without any joints binding.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

gasman826

it's a tight turn.  Keeping the upper joint close to the firewall helps.

Limey57

Quote from: gasman826 on 2014-02-09 14:52
it's a tight turn.  Keeping the upper joint close to the firewall helps.

I noticed it all looks better on installations where an after-market column is used, because I'm staying with the stock one and it's shifter mechanism it ends up being longer than it needs to be.  Today I picked up some steel to fabricate the lower mount to hold the bottom of the column to the firewall, but I'm in France on business from tomorrow until Thursday so I've got to wait a few days before I can finish it off and see if it works.
Gary

1957 Ranchero