News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

what are these?

Started by RICH MUISE, 2014-02-16 20:08

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Found this stuff today. 1 st pic...Are these the clips that Jay and some others were talking about for the hood ground? I don't know where that thread was.
2nd pic...these I think were around the dash area somewhere..at least that's the bag they were in. They seem to be pressed hardboard and have nail holes in them?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Rich those aren't hood grounds, looks like some king of trim clip. Not sure about the second picture.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

jumping jack flash

Rich, the top photo is of a wire loom.Don't quote me on this , but I think it attaches to the radiator support, and holds the siamesed wires that go to the turn signals. another place they were used is for the wires that go to the headlights, on the drivers inner fender at the junction block .Maybe around the starter solenoid there were some used. ,,,like on the horn relay.   It's been a while , and I have always used a better loom, but if you are restoring to original these are the originals.

hiball3985

Looking again with glasses on  :003:, JJF is correct, they are wire loom clips.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

I'm not using any of the old hardware....almost nothing on my car is as original. These seemed to be more of a spring than a holding clip, that's why I thought they may have been the "springy grounding thingies" Jay and others were talking about last week to add an additional ground to the hood. The spring tension on these is opening it rather than closing.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe