News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Bumpers...what do they fit?

Started by sprink88, 2014-03-22 20:44

Previous topic - Next topic

sprink88

There is a guy here selling front and rear bumpers for a Custom. Will they fit a Fairlane? Mine are a little tweaked so I am looking.
~Chris

RICH MUISE

I believe all fronts are the same, but the Custom/Fairlane back bumpers are definetly different. That's not to say you couldn't use it, (don't know for sure)it's just different. Custom bumpers are not as wide as the Fairlanes..not the length, but the heigth.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

I have seen custom bumpers on Fairlanes.   Go ahead and put them on if that's what you want to do.

sprink88

I have to take a look at them. $100 for both. I am kind of skeptical. But if they are driver quality and more important straight I will get them. I just didnt know if the width was the same.

Thanks guys!
~Chris

Zapato

done it a long time ago, like the custom bumpers for to me cleaner simpler look. no where near as heavy looking out back. would do it again.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

gasman826

You'll need the rear Custom bumper brackets...fronts the same.

RICH MUISE

100 bucks is cheap..that's about what the platers give you for your old ones when you buy at swap meets.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

sprink88

Zap, I agree the rear Fairlane is big and heavy looking. I like them, but a lot cleaner lines on the Custom.

Gasman826, Plenty of Customs in junkyards around here to pull what I need. Can never find the Fairlanes for parts myself!

Rich, yeah. Need to call the guy. 100 sounds TO cheap. gotta find the condition.
~Chris

Hoosier Hurricane

I have a '58 Fairlane rear bumper on my '57 Fairlane and I really like it.  It is shorter than the Fairlane bumper and taller than the Custom.   John

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: Hoosier Hurricane on 2014-03-24 05:01
I have a '58 Fairlane rear bumper on my '57 Fairlane and I really like it.  It is shorter than the Fairlane bumper and taller than the Custom.   John

Fairlane I had out of TX (one that should have been a keeper) had a 58 500 bumper and it really looked right!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

sprink88

Interesting.  I see more 58 and 59 Ford's up here in the yards.  May have to check them out. Thanks!
~Chris