News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Show Us Your Factory Defects

Started by 57tudor, 2014-04-07 22:45

Previous topic - Next topic

57tudor

Hi Guys and Gals,

Show us your factory defects that you have found on your 57. We all know that the chassis welds were a mess and simply mounting the body to the chassis for some at the California plant in Long Beach should have been straight forward. Some say it was a Friday car or maybe a Monday car, who knows. So here are some pics I have taken to start this thread with. One is of Bob's car, this is at the Back right mount. The bolt missed the nut when they ran it in, insted of fixing it they just stuck another nut next to the one they missed. The next one is on my car, this is the right rear front leaf spring bracket that is welded to the chassis. You will see the top arrow is pointing at a weld that missed the bracket completely, the center arrow shows that the weld came from an angle and touched the edge if the bracket and it has a crack through the weld. The bottom arrow is pointing at the crack. On top of the chassis where the bracket is to be welded, there is only a spot weld and it is also broken. I can only see this with a mirror and flashlight.

So take a moment and show us your factory defects that you found while working on your Ford.

57 Tudor

jarhead1986

Does rust holes count? lmbo!

Frankenstein57

Guys, my friend Frank that owns the custom 300 I posted ,used to work at the AMC plant. When I get him telling stories its quite amusing. One thing he stresses is, you don't stop the line, if your particular task isn't right     Oh well.........

Ford Blue blood

Small world....my uncle Doc Weirner was a life long employee, don't remember for sure but he was up the food chain there, got a new "Rambler" every year until he retired and moved to Florida.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II