News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

interior

Started by mtwilsonboy, 2013-06-12 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic

mtwilsonboy

Did any body in the Harrisburg Pa. area use a interior installer? Im looking for someone who is inexpensive. It seems like these guys get a lot of money to do this. Any sugestions on where to buy original interior at a reasonable price? I was surprised to see the prices. I'm a joe average guy trying to getthe best price on buying an interior and having it installed. Thank for any help or sugestions you might have.

RICH MUISE

guess no one knows of a place for good, but inexpensive, interiors. Those two words are getting harder and harder to use in the same sentence.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Rich I was going to post close to the same thing, the words "good and inexpensive" are counter to one another! 

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Jeff Norwell

The real only places I sourced for future was SMS and Baron LeBonney.... never got a firm price from Baron.... but SMS gave me a ruff quote for a complete interior at around 2800-3000 .....But then you would have to do it yourself.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

gasman826

Baron Lebonney is close, competitive, quality, and timely.  The only inexpensive way is DIY.  The headliner is the biggest install challenge.  If you don't want to do the headliner, several installers will make house calls for just the headliner.  Talk to installers before you order stuff, some professionals don't like customers bringing food to the restaurant.  Decide the level of finish.  If you are not doing a detailed restoration, don't order NOS materials...quite the price difference.  Newer, driver quality materials might perform better.

RICH MUISE

As Gary said, this is definetly an area where not going stock is much cheaper. Seats with good upholstery can be had from wrecking yards pretty inexpensively..buckt seats, etc. Finding front seats with a matching back seat that will fit would be biggest problem. If you have a 2 dr., you'll need seats from a 2 dr donor car so they will fold forward. Late model 2 dr's are getting hard to find, but they're out there.
Door/rear panels can be done as diy project, and rear panels (assuming a 2 dr here) can be built out to make some adjustments for a smaller back seat....the simple flat panel with a piece of vinyl attached is an ugly look you'd want to avoid.
My interior was done with no sewing whatsoever...because I can't sew.
If going stock/oem is what you're shooting for, you probably won't have any realistic choices other than shelling out the big bucks. If non-stock is in the big picture, be creative and save a ton of bucks.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mtwilsonboy

I got a price from Baron. It was about 850.00 for door panels, and 850.00 for seat covers, and 295.00 I believe for the headliner, and I forget how maney hundred for carpet. Then you have to pay 50.00to 75.00an hour to have it put in. Not being rich, that comes out to a lot of money. I might have to save up for that.

Ford Blue blood

Nice part is the stock 57 Ford interior is not very complex.  Head liner is the bigest challenge, next are the seat covers and the door panels are easy.  Stuff is pricey but care and lots of reading you'll do just fine.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Lucky'57

Good, Fast and Cheap. Pick TWO.

Good & Fast = Not Cheap
Good & Cheap = Not Fast
Fast & Cheap = Not Good
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

Lou

If your doing a restoration spend the money for a good quality interior such as L/B otherwise your waisting your money.