News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New issue of newsletter available now....

Started by JPotter57, 2008-01-28 19:09

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

Go to the club site and use the navigation links there or use this link to get directly there.
http://www.57fordsforever.com/mags/jan2008.pdf
As I get time, I will eventually get all the old newsletters converted and post them there as well. Pardon the two or three misspellings in it, I was having so many fits with Quark, that I missed them in editing...It will get better I swear....Enjoy. :005:
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

shopratwoody

James,
Nice job on the Newsletter. I enjoyed the info. Thanks
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

wolfpupsdad

damn nice job on the first news letter, i totally enjoyed the read and info. can't wait for the next issue. again great job and thank you for your devotion to our beloved 57's.

cool57

Great newsletter! Very professional. Congrats!

57 Ford Kustom

Looking good just skimmed it this AM will read tonite

Thanks James

T 8)M  :unitedstates:  :burnout:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Marc

James, the newsletter looks great. Nice job!

57AGIN

James:

Great Newsletter.  The Tremec Installation article was great, better than those in the magazines.  And best of all directly applicable to our 57's.  I've been wrestling with whether to go the Tremec, AOD, or GearVendors Overdrive route to facilitate my cruisin.  3500 RPM on the freeways/Interstates is a bit obnoxious for long distances.  The jury is still out on that one and will probably be decided by the checkbook.

I want to thank you for the nice comments in your article on my 57 and elsewhere in the Newsletter re efforts out here.  These efforts are greatly enhanced by the fact that Rick and I are neighbors (two streets apart) and share a love for the 57 Fords of all persuasions.  Coordinating events out here is both easy and difficult, but having someone to share the burdens with is a real blessing.  Rick is a true "mechanic" and fabricator, I can't tell you how much I have learned and continue to learn from my friend/neighbor/fellow 57 Ford fanatic.  I know the readers will really enjoy the upcoming article on his 57 and his most recent technical project.

Attached are a couple of shots from our Fun Ford Weekend this year.  As Shopratwoody said the show area was really poorly set up this year, but we still turned out a respectable bunch of 57's.  The racing was limited, but still fun and our night spent at the Speedway and on our way home Sunday morning was exciting, due to the hurricane force winds.  I still wouldn't have missed it, I think Rick feel the same.

Once again, GREAT JOB.

Bob
57AGIN   

JPotter57

Thanks again for the encouragement.  I must stress however, that Jim Nolan is responsible for the Tremec article and photos.  He spent the time with the camera during the install process and deserves a great deal of credit for it.  When I did my install, I was just building a hotrod and didnt think it warranted any documentation.  I was wrong there, so great job on that Jim Nolan.  The next issue will be significantly bigger, as I was still struggling to learn Quark during the production of the last one.  I have a handle on it now, so I can start adding some more content.  Hopefully, I can do maybe a feature and show coverage, or two features, and so forth.  I have a lot of good ideas, and now that I have a grasp on Quark Express, I should be able to turn out some quality stuff that you guys can be proud of.  Like I said before, though, bear with me, as I am continuing to learn.   I will be looking for some event coverage, which will need to include names of show winners and car owners, etc.  Bob and Rick have been doing pretty well in that area so I may be able to get something together from the Fall events from 2007.  Thanks again for the positive feedback.  Maybe this wont be so hard after all....
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.