News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

non-oem windshield washer

Started by RICH MUISE, 2014-06-02 21:53

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

That is scary...one of those things no one would think about, but it sure makes sense given the conditions.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

I'm sure some regulation will come out making a change to the formula. I don't have washers on any of my cars, I'm still a Windex and paper towel guy  :003: but it probably won't be long before they find a problem with that too.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

I saw the whole program....don't remember where....oldtimers.....just a theory right now if it will infact infect anyone.  Not sure if all washer systems cause/house the bacteria.  Use the washer fluid for -20 and it is a non issue, higher alcohol content kills the bacteria.

I just remembered, a UAB student and professor were checking out the report.  They found the same to be true in older systems and cars that do not have a good cabin filter.  They were able to "clean" a test system with the bacteria with -20 washer fluid.

Given the stuff has been around for centuries and we all get it from time to time I feel there is a butt load of other stuff that will get me first....kinda like West Nile....most anyone that has been bitten over the years has contacted that as well.  Our immune systems do a pretty good job overall.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Zapato

Many years ago was cleaning a mirror in the house w/Windex. Not enough left for the pump to pick up.So opened bottle up and was applying it to rag. My then toddler daughter grabbed the open bottle and drank some, couldn't have been much as she spit most of it out. Wife freaked and we called the local poison control center. Their answer was to just watch her for any effect as the only concern was alcohol. We did as recommended and all is well to this day. Now not saying we shouldn't be careful in handling the many chemicals we use on a daily basis but am convinced that the ''media'' flourishes by planting fear regularly.

Not going to worry about the windshield in our cars. That being said its not left out for he kids to accidentally drink.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72