News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Outside Mirrors

Started by SanoDano, 2014-10-08 10:37

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

Quote from: Limey57 on 2014-10-09 14:23
Ooops.

I fitted them in roughly the same place as the old ones before I fitted the vent windows.....  They can stay where they are now I'm not welding the holes up and repainting the doors.  That'll teach me to rush the job and think before I drill!
Thats too bad, wish that this post had been made sooner..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Limey57

I've done a Google image search on 57 Fords and it looks like I'm not the only one who drills before he thinks!  Never mind, its rarely hot enough over here to have any windows open anyway!
Gary

1957 Ranchero

hiball3985

Quote from: Limey57 on 2014-10-09 15:24
I've done a Google image search on 57 Fords and it looks like I'm not the only one who drills before he thinks!  Never mind, its rarely hot enough over here to have any windows open anyway!
Living in Southern Calif I need mine open all the time. Mine set a little further back then yours and the window hits behind the mirror. I'm thinking of using mid 60's Chevy/Chevelle type that will place the mirror a little further back.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Limey57

To be honest I've been suffering with the "freshly painted car excitement" and have been ripping open packets of new shiny-bits & pieces and throwing them at the Ranchero in a bid to get as much done before winter comes knocking on the door.  Note to self, SLOW DOWN.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

hiball3985

Quote from: Limey57 on 2014-10-09 15:40
To be honest I've been suffering with the "freshly painted car excitement" and have been ripping open packets of new shiny-bits & pieces and throwing them at the Ranchero in a bid to get as much done before winter comes knocking on the door.  Note to self, SLOW DOWN.
I think we have all done that at one time or another, I just did it when I put my OD trans in. Why change the seal when its on the bench, put the trans in and watched it leak  :005:, then had to pull the drive shaft again to replace it. It's always easier to do it twice  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

DanTudor57

I didn't see any feedback form anyone that has the spotlight on teh driver and passenger sides.... any care to comment on visibility with those Chicago Unity spotlight/mirror combos?

On my 57 Tudar, I fender mounted my mirror at approximately the same location the Chicago unity spotlight would have been. That location seems to have worked okay, but i found myself not using the  mirrors anyway due to teh great visibility from inside the car. I can definitely see teh problem you're in with a courier, though.