News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New Sounds in the RW

Started by Raven Rider, 2014-12-08 15:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven Rider

We just finished the new sound system in my RW and I have to say it sounds assume to me.  Alpine CDE-154BT deck, Rockford 6x9 in back behind the front seat and in front of the back seat on the sides Rockford Fosgate 6"w/separate tweeters  in the doors, vintage Rockford Fosgate Punch 45 and Punch 75 and a Alpine 45 watt amps ( I've had these amps for 25 to 30 years) and the stereo installer mounted a 2 way 6x9 in the dash, and last but not least a 6" JL Audio Sub Woofer in the back by the tail gate.  We demoed several sub woofers in the car and we were amazed on how tight the 6" was compared to a 10" and 8" subs, it kicks butt without the boom box sound.     

RICH MUISE

Man, that'll be great for listening to ball games. LOL..Most of the time I don't even turn the radio on. I love the quiet...my wife does too, I just need to get her eyes up off the Kindle when we're passing something neat.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

I have run 1000 miles with nothing but the exhaust note for entertainment and loved ever minute of the ride.  Not too sure what the hype is with a high performance sound system?  After 18 years of sea duty with the U.S. Navy before hearing protection was the thing, I'm happy to be able to hear the exhaust!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Raven Rider

Ford Blue Blood I bet your ears are shot after 18 years of sea duty with no hearing protection and maybe you can't enjoy a fine sound system because of that but anyway I want to thank you for your service to help keep us free to make personal choices.  I too have logged hundreds of thousands of miles with no sound system other than the exhaust note of a Harley, BMW 1200 GSA (1280 miles in a 18 hour run then camp for 4 days with friends and do it again to go home I only had 1 week of vacation), Ducati, Factory Five Cobra's exhaust 2 feet from the ears thank goodness for ear plugs, Cessna 182, ect.  But if you love drive and listen to old rock n roll as much as I do a good sound system makes my days of driving go by a little easier.