News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Upholstry shops around W. Mass. area?

Started by jdlafayette, 2014-11-12 18:07

Previous topic - Next topic

jdlafayette

Hello guys,
I haven't written in awhile because of more health problems but I want to get back on my Fairlane. The car still needs lots of small stuff but the major job is the interior. It's a Fairlane 500 2dr hdtp with no post. 63A if I remember. I think I want to buy a Lebaron Bonney kit and find someone to rebuild the seats using the kit. Do any of you guys know of a shop in my area of New England that is good any reasonable for a job like this? I haven't bought a kit yet.
I have been working on the car here and there when I can. I did the headliner. What a stinking nightmare. It has many wrinkles and I would recommend that job to a pro! But it will be fine!
I have been installing the side trim too. That has been a job as well. Trying to find clips that will work is very difficult. I could write a book on that.
I'll try to post a new picture, Thanks Guys, John

Ecode70D

John
    As you know I am from Mass. also.   I bought my 57 kit from ABC before they sold out to Lebarron Bonney in Amsbury Ma.   Their work is real nice.   With the headliner, the trick is to remove the front and rear windshield  and hang the headliner by the bows.  Then I stretch the front and back sections and clamp it in place.  When I get the wrinkles out, I glue it to the front and back lip before re-attaching the windshields. 
    I put the seats in my basement during the winter and took my time pulling and tugging and didn't attach the hog rings until I got it where I wanted it.  It's easy if you just take your time.
Jay       

jdlafayette

Hi Jay,
Good to hear from you. I have done the seats in my Mustang and they came out great but as you know older seats are a whole different design. I have seen a lot of them that looked wrinkled and uneven. I haven't been doing very well and was looking to find someone to do the seats and I can work on other stuff to help me time wise. There isn't anyone that I know of right around that I want to use.
My headliner is a whole story in itself! Being a hardtop with no post it tucks into a pinch channel on the side. I did have the glass out. I believe the bows and channel are just sloppy from age and corrosion. Nothing is tight. My trimming is off too. The funny thing is when I drive the car I don't notice anything!!!!
I am going to leave it for now.
By the way your car looks great Jay. Nice work.