News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Wanted Steering Wheel

Started by Raven Rider, 2014-11-14 11:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven Rider

I need a good steering wheel for a 57 Ranch Wagon.  Does anyone know where to get a original or after market Steering Wheel, I need a 17 - 18 inch wheel because I have no power steering and I do not want to replace the steering column unless I just have to.  While I'm at it if I do have to replace the steering column to get a steering wheel what is the best choice?  I would like to keep it vintage looking no modern stuff. Thanks

Ford Blue blood

I have one, let me dig it out and shoot a pic.  If you want it it's yours for the trip and a donation to James to keep this place running.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Raven Rider

Sure send me the picture to tojnanson@cox.net  Thanks

Ford Blue blood

I'm still looking for it.  I have lost it and a complete wiper system that came out of a 300 I parted, that's what I get for rearranging stuff!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

lalessi1

I have the wheel that was on my Custom when I got it. It its cracked and aged, usable and doesn't look too bad. I bought the Eastwood stuff to restore it but wound buying an NOS '59 wheel on Ebay. It is identical in appearance but the turn signal cancelling thingy is slightly different as is the horn contant arrangement. I have a "58 box, '57 column, 61 horn contact plate/turn signal.

Anyway the wheel is yours for shipping costs, PM me if you are interested. Eastwood stuff can be had as well but I would like to recover a little of that investment.

I also have a 15" Grant wheel as well. I put it on the car and really liked it but I could not get the horn/turn signal cancelling stuff to work properly.
Lynn

Jerrys Kars

I have one that you wouldn't have to do anything to it but paint if you wanted to change color (now red). With a real decent horn ring. Fairlane or Fairlane 500. Let me know if the other guy does not work out. Can email pics.
Jerry

Ford Blue blood

You need to go with Jerry's, mine has at least three big gaps/cracks, no horn ring and the turn signal cancelling thing is gone too.....sorry.

Bill
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

Raven Rider

Jerry PM me with the details I think I will take you up on your offer.  besides I like your name.  Raven Rider (Jerry Nanson)

Jerrys Kars

Raven Rider, email with pics sent.