News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ranch Wagon fender scripts

Started by Raven Rider, 2014-12-02 15:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven Rider

I just received a set of Ranch Wagon fender scripts for a whopping $45.00 shipped off of EBAY.  They are not show quality but they will clean up very nice.  I was sure I would have been out bid at the last moment because I could not watch it to the end.  No more RanchWag on the right fender.

Raven Rider

I saw on one of the car shows last night you can soak the pewter fender scripts in Muratic acid to clean them.  Has anyone here actually done this?  I'm not brave enough to try it unless someone can confirm this is valid way to clean up fender scripts.

RICH MUISE

I'd try it on the "Ranch Wag" first....that stuff is pretty caustic, you sure wouldn't want to forget them in the bath.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-12-03 13:04
I'd try it on the "Ranch Wag" first....that stuff is pretty caustic, you sure wouldn't want to forget them in the bath.

2X

I used Turtle Wax rubbing compound, (liquid, green bottle) and 0000 steel wool and the "Pacer" script on my Edsel came out looking really nice.  All the yellowing and corrosion looking marks are gone.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Raven Rider

Rich that is a great suggestion why didn't I think of that. :dontknow: