News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

wagon tailgate striker plates

Started by jseth83, 2015-02-21 21:36

Previous topic - Next topic

jseth83

Anyone know where i can buy these?  I've been looking but cant find them.....both of mine are broken....
57 wagon, sedan, and TBird 
67 Mustang

Raven Rider

Try Steve Pearson he is listed in the salvage yards information he has just about everything you could ever need for a 57.  Tell him Jerry from Mesa sent you he is a stand up guy but he only takes cash.  I'll tell you how cool he is I went to 29 Palms 45hour drive from Mesa,AZ to get some big items and I just knew he would take plastic so I only had 170.00 in my pocket which is a lot for me I use debit every where.  My total came to over 500.00 and I told him I would have to find a bank or come back over to pick every thing up after I got the money out of the bank.  He said take the parts and send me the money after you get home.  I had never meet him before that day so he gets all of my parts requests.

jseth83

thanks!  I will definitely check with him.  Sounds like a really nice guy.
57 wagon, sedan, and TBird 
67 Mustang

ragtop

I got a set off e-bay the lower gate a guy has repop them upper were nos and I have seen more after I got mine

djfordmanjack

be sure that all of your weatherstripping and tailgte seals are in good condition. they dampen all the road bumps that go to the gates. if they are worn the gates are prone to rattle and wear out the striker plates quickly, especially the lift gate's.