News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

removing the right vent

Started by Raven Rider, 2015-01-07 09:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven Rider

I'm going to a Vintage Air solution and I hope to use the left fresh air vent (thanks Rich) but I will eliminate the right fresh air vent so my question is what did you all do to utilize the hole left over in the dash?  Did you just leave the vent knob in place and deactivate it?  I would like to use it for something but I can't figure out what to do with it.

RICH MUISE

Boy, nothing is coming to mind as to something else it could be used for...mainly I was curious to see if you were able to get that stuff picked up...haven't talked to my wife's cousin for a while.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Kenny

In my  5 L EFI re power project  I installed a Classic Air ac unit and that required removal of RH vent and connection of LH vent to the original air control panel leaving both vent control spots open.  I installed a horn button in the LH side ( my rack and pinion conversation removed horn from steering wheel) and a Check Engine light in the Rh side.  Still not sure how or if I will change the labels.

gasman826

Plugged the right vent for Vintage Air.  I installed a Lincoln column for the R&P.  So I deleted the right vent and the ignition switch.  I removed the labels, cut and pieced them together to form other words and changed the order.  I added a AC/lighter port and a switch to cycle the cooling fans after shut down.

RICH MUISE

Jerry....PM with the cousins phone number.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Raven Rider

gasman can you tell me how you removed the labels and modified them?  The ones I have are really yellowed and hard to see.  Does anyone know if replacements are available?

gasman826

I've never seen them available.  The letters are part of a one-piece, clear, acrylic bar that runs over three switches.  One bulb illuminates the clear bar...something like fiber optics.  I removed the bar and carefully cut the bar and rearranged the labels as needed.  A graphics print shop can print new labels on clear adhesive vinyl.  Print the background color you want and the letters are clear.  I'm doing this with the '65 Thunderbird dash.  I'm changing all the illuminated displays from green/silver to red/silver.  The speedometer, clock, AC/heater controls, wiper, and fresh air control illumination will be printed with brushed nickel and clear letters.  The stickers will be stuck on new pieces of red Plexiglas and shaped to replace the original face plates.  Kinda' anal but I wanted AutoMeter electronic gauges that are red LED back lighted and I wanted everything to match.  Sometimes you just can't ignore the details!!!!!

Raven Rider

Thanks if I get to upset with the stock gauge cluster I'm ordering Dakota Digital and I'm just about there now.  I've spent about 15 hours under the dash.  I wish I had removed all the old wiring and started from scratch it would have been much faster and cleaner.