News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Side mirror installation

Started by Wirenut, 2016-06-05 22:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Wirenut

Does anyone have the measurements for side mirrors for the hood and fenders that you'd share? Probably will install mirrors on the doors but want to try both application before mounting them. Thanks in advance.

RICH MUISE

That subject came up a few months back and somebody posted a Ford layout pattern.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Seem to remember that when last this subject came up that when the optimum positio was used there were interference issues with the wing windows. Hope you find the old posts.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Wirenut

Thank you, I'll look for the post.

RICH MUISE

The discussion I was refering to was a fender mount position and it was recent, not the thread that Kirby/Wirenut found from last year. Somebody had an overlay that apparently ford supplied  to the dealers.

lalessi1

Rich, I recently posted an overlay but it was for the antenna?
Lynn

RICH MUISE

One of these mornings I'm going to wake up not remembering who or where I am. But now that you posted that, I remember now!
Sorry Kirby.
OK..next course of research...Kirby, check the build thread that Custom Shelby is doing. He just last week posted pics of his mirror and antenae mountings...maybe he's got some dimensions he can pass on.

Wirenut

Thanks Rich. I sent Custom Shelby a P.M. I could not find anything about the spacing. I appreciate you effort in trying to help.. I suffer from CRS on a daily basis so dont feel bad.

racton

:unitedstates:    Good morning,I just went out and measured the mirror on my drivers side fender.12 inches ahead of the seam,where door and fender meet to the nearest tip of the mirrors mounting base.(my base is 4''}The mirror is mounted next to the crease toward the outside.good luck.......racton

Wirenut

Thank you, I'll try that area. I appreciate your measuring.