News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

My other '57

Started by michael m, 2015-02-03 15:37

Previous topic - Next topic

michael m

After years in storage I brought it back home. Plans are to return it to the street.

hotroddonnie

Very Cool! First question.....what's in it for an engine?

BBoswell

Looks like a whole lot of fun.

jumping jack flash

Second question : Why would you put that one in storage. I'd drive the wheels off of it.

Ford Blue blood

Looks like a full on drag car.........
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Zapato

Now I know what perfect looks like, sorry HRD. :booty:

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

hotroddonnie

JPotter57

Now that is what I am talking about.  If mine had been any worse shape body wise, I would have built a tube frame for it, and built it this way.  I love this car, very cool.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ecode70D

Take that car out and drive it.  Looks great.

michael m

I've owned this car since 1980. Bought as a $250.00 basket case,and was going to be a "pro-street" car. Didn't start working on it until
the early '90's. Things got carried away. Engine was a 466 from a '73 LTD and ran mid 9's.
The roof and quarter panels are OEM Ford, the rest is composites. Dry weight is about 2500 lbs and race weight a tick over 2700 lbs.

I would like to install a Coyote with a pair of turbos or supercharger. Don't have the funds for that,but I do have a small block that is turbo ready. Should have that mocked up shortly and then putting all the street legal requirements in.