News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

inside door handle shaft return spring

Started by 57 imposter, 2014-11-20 08:37

Previous topic - Next topic

57 imposter

couldn't find springs for my sedan so I bought two for a 57 Thunderbird thinking " how much different could they be" turns out , quite a bit. nothing to lose so will start hacking on them, maybe today, to see if I can make them work. If anyone has a source for these springs, would sure like to know about them.

Ecode70D

Quote from: 57 imposter on 2014-11-20 08:37
couldn't find springs for my sedan. nothing to lose so will start hacking on them, maybe today, to see if I can make them work. If anyone has a source for these springs, would sure like to know about them.

This may just be a shot in the dark, but have you tried Mac's?  Over the years I have been able to get those door latch springs from them for Fords earlier than 57.   I would try them before "hacking" on what you have.  Make a note of the color because sometimes they are color coded.   Hope you make out well.

Zapato

Few years ago bought some for my 51 at NAPA check with them.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

57 imposter

got them in. it took a little grinding off the hook end and everything two of us could muster to get it done. once installed, they seem to work just fine. these came from Macs and since they were about 6 bucks a piece, it would cost more than they were worth to return them so I figured I had nothing to lose so we just did what it took to get them in. that job done, it's back to trying to figure out under dash wiring that I disconnected about two years ago.

Arocket0

Little late but....
www.larrystbird.com #P21812C these are the right springs for a passenger car.