News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Audible turn signal

Started by JimNolan, 2008-03-21 18:29

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

Fellows,
     I've got this problem. Seems when I change lanes and use the turn signal I always forget to turn it back off. I drive down the highway at breakneck speeds with my turn signal on.
     Does anyone have a name and part number of a light blinker that will fit my car with a loud sound to it when it is functioning. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

geraldchainsaw

hi Jim,    do u have the orig steering?,     i had the same  problem and all i did was cleanup inside  steering wheel  housing where the guts sfor the turn signals were,  and also the steering wheel has to b in the right position to work, but then u probley already know that

JimNolan

Gerry,
    I don't have that trouble. The turn signal cancels when you turn the steering wheel. But, when you turn it just a little ( like changing lanes ) it dosen't cancel. There's nothing wrong with that.
    What I need is a loud blinker. When it doesn't cancel I want to be able to hear it. Jim

Hoosier Hurricane

Jim:

Years ago J.C. Whitney sold extra loud flashers, and even one that played "Love Me Tender".  Haven't seen one of their catalogs for quite a while, don't know if they still have them.  Also, maybe one of those aggravating seat belt warning beepers off a newer car could be wired into the flasher circuit.

John

JimNolan

John,
   Thanks for the info. I went to the web site, they still had both the loud and the love me tender flashers. I ordered both just in case the love me tender flasher leaves me with a woossy feeling.
   I first started noticing my blinker was being left on by the way people were waving to me. Usually they give me a thumbs up as the pass, when the turn signal was left on they'd wave to me with their middle finger, honk their horn and yell DUMB ASS out their window.
   I guess having people yell Dumb ass at you is one way of achieving turn signal awareness. But, a loud flasher would be a much less degrading way of finding out. Thanks John

57 Ford Kustom

John :006:

Let us know how they work out. The older I get the less I hear and the flasher is one thing that has left the hearing range. The other thing I could turn down the music but who wants to do that.

I'm just another :dumbass: :old: :thebirdman: :078:

TOM :unitedstates: :burnout:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

JimNolan

Tom,
   I'll do that. My wife says that I have SELECTIVE hearing. But, after 40 yrs in factories, I believe it's more than selective. Amen on the OLDIES music.
Jim