News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rear View Mirrors

Started by petew, 2015-04-08 11:31

Previous topic - Next topic

petew

My wagon has no exterior rear view mirrors on it . I didn't think I would mind but it makes merging into traffic dicey and also makes my neck hurt from double and triple checking. So I have located a pair of proper mirrors but don't know where on the fenders they should live since the car doesn't seem to have ever had exterior mirrors so no existing holes.
If anyone could provide me with some measurements or a diagram it would be a big help.

Thanks , Pete

lalessi1

Pete, I think most, if not all, mirrors were dealer installed. I have seen them on the fenders and doors. My Custom has signs of fender holes, but I put mine on the door making sure it was clear of the vent window so I could adjust it. I looked for a while for specific info but I never found anything. I can measure the fender holes location if you'd like.
Lynn

lowrider

I couldn't bring myself to drill holes in the fenders or doors so I just hung a peep mirror on the door.

petew

Thanks guys , I kind of figured that the exterior mirrors were a dealer item . I am kind of at the point now where I feel the need for them but like lowrider am having trouble with the idea of sinking a drill bit into my sheet metal . Guess I'll study on this a bit and perhaps see if a peep mirror on the door is a better option.

robhaerr

The driver side mirror on my wagon came off of a 57 Lincoln Premier and it's mounted about 5 inches forward of the door. It does the job, and a pretty cool mirror! But...I still double- and triple-check.