News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

'58 Edsel front seat correct for our '57 wagon?

Started by MrArt2u, 2015-12-28 12:53

Previous topic - Next topic

MrArt2u

Hey guys,

We're looking to replace the wrong 70s seat in our wagon and a *kind of* local car guy has offered us the front bench seat from his '58 Edsel wagon parts car for our '57 Country Sedan. Other than upholstery, is it the correct seat/frame? Should I hold out for the '57 seat? It is about 120 miles from me and he has no pictures of it so any insight you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Art.

Ford Blue blood

The Ford seat back is split 50/50 on the 2dr, not sure about the Edsel wagon but the Edsel sedans are split 35/65.  The seat bottom on my Edsel Pacer is identical to the 57 Ford seat bottom except the inside mounting brackets for the tilting back.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

rmk57

Pretty sure the Edsel and Ford wagon share the same front and rear seats. they share the same platform far as the body goes.
The wagons wont have a split bench being a four door its not required. The Ranchwagon or Roundup 2 door wagons should have a split bench.
My Villager wagon didn't have a split and pretty sure it was original to the car.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429