News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Headlight high/low beam floor switch

Started by Limey57, 2016-01-15 17:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Limey57

Okay, I dismantled mine over Christmas to refurbish it and now can't remember how it fastens to the mounting plate, yes, I forgot to take a photo before I stripped it down!  Is the photo below correct? I can't see any other way it will fit, but it seems too high.

Gary

1957 Ranchero

Ecode70D

Your photograph is not very clear, but from where I'm sitting, it looks like the switch is mounted on top of the floor plate.   If  so, it should be under the floor plate with just the button sticking through the floor plate hole.   

RICH MUISE

I miss my floor dimmer switch! I don't have one/haven't assembled one in many many years but I do believe Jay is correct.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Wirenut

Here's a photo of mine. Hope it helps.

Limey57

Thanks, I assembled & fitted it yesterday afternoon, but it was bugging me, despite it not fitting any other way it just didn't seem "right".  Finally, at 11.00 pm I went into the garage to photograph it & ask on here, hence the dark photo!!!

Anyway, took some better pictures this morning:

The switch is quite bulky and is too big to fit through the hole in the plate, doing an internet search for 57 Ford floor switches brings up lots of different variants, can anyone confirm that mine is wrong please?  I could use it if I made the hole in the plate bigger and used some spacers between the plate & switch mounting holes, but if the correct one is available I'll try and source one.

Gary

1957 Ranchero

Limey57

.....or should there be some sort of spacer where the red line is to space the switch away from the plate?  Really wish I'd taken a photo of it before I took it apart, although I suspect it was wrong before I touched it.

Thanks

Gary

1957 Ranchero

Limey57

A bit of searching showed that what I need is this one:

Now ordered, should be here in a couple of weeks.  Just wish it'd warm up a bit out there............
Gary

1957 Ranchero