Wanting Recommendations on new rear axles. What to buy and where?

Started by KYBlueOval, 2016-01-29 19:28

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

I'm having my 9 inch rear end narrowed (3/4" on each side ), so I need new axles. 28 spline. What and Where should I buy them? With bearings etc.? Or without? I'm using rear disc brakes from a Crown Victoria, (with the parking brake shoes in the center of the rotor "hat" ),if that makes a difference. I believe I'll need a Currie Bearing Retainer (or one like a Currie ), using this rear brake set up.........is that correct?
Thanks
John

rmk57

In any kind of performance application I'd be going with 31 spline axles, if not 28's would be fine.

I went with Dutchman motor sports, sort of local, great product, knowledgeable staff.

http://www.dutchmanaxles.com/
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

jvo

I'll second that on the Dutchman Axles.  You fill out the order online, or fax it in, with your phone number, and they call you back and go over the order with you to make sure everything is right.  Mine fit perfectly, and were priced fairly.  I paid the extra 80 bucks for the bearings and retainers, studs, etc. and they don't charge to put them together.  All I had to do was install them, and they were a perfect fit.
If I could roll back the years, back when I was young and limber, loose as ashes in the wind, had no irons in the fire.... wish I'd done things different, but wishin' don't make it so. ( Ian Tyson)

Hoosier Hurricane

I use Moser Engineering in Portland, In.  Great service, great products, competitive prices, and the big plus, they are only about 30 miles from me.   John