News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Fender skirts

Started by oldgasser, 2016-01-24 20:17

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgasser

Can you tell me if there is 4 alignment pins per side in the 57 fender skirts & if there is a drawing/ temp plate available?
Thank you
Oldgasser

clusterbuster

I bought a pair of skirts for my 4 door Custom 300 back in 2014 and there were no pins. There are  c  like clips that fasten to the opening by tightening the screws that are threaded into the clip, and those clips slip into slots that are fabricated into the edge of the skirts. They fit nice and are held on very solid.  I bought them on E bay. Hope that helps some.

clusterbuster

Without going out to the garage in these freezing temperatures and taking a skirt off, I believe there were three clips per skirt. One on top and one on each bottom end.

Ford Blue blood

The skirts that came on the 300 I parted had four pins per side.  Two were in the top, one low on the front and the rear was low as well.  The skirts had slots in the edge with the seal having slots in it as well.  If they go on like the T-Birds of latter years (61 - 65) with the skirt up in place the front pin was at the top of the slot, the upper two were towards the rear of the slot and the rear pin was at the bottom of the slot.  The easiest way to put them on the car was to put the front pin in and kinda roll the skirt into place by raising the rear up as the front slide down ever so slighly.

Don't know if that makes sence or not, best way I know to explain.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

oldgasser

Thank you fellows I do believe I can carry on with this information in mind. Much appreciated.
Cheers Oldgasser.