News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Fords Bonneville 50.000 miles record run

Started by djfordmanjack, 2016-03-01 04:01

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

Just aquired this old 4page article about the September 1956 Bonneville record runs and wanted to share it with you guys.
Rich and James, please move it to the correct forum category if needed. Didn't really know where to put it. I collected all 4 pages on one file.

RICH MUISE

Thanks for sharing that, DJ....you probably have it in the right place...it is '57Ford related. That said, I couldn't move it anyways, lol..........
James(potter) is the owner
Bob (57Agin) and Tom (wildhog) are the moderators.
They can move, delete, edit, ban, etc.
Everyone else is a member. We can only do that to our own posts.

You're not the first, and I think the confusion comes in when we're talking about threads I've done, as a member, like the suplier links list or the salvage yards. Because I started those, I'm the only one (other than the three above) who can add or edit them, so I've made comments numerous times like "I'll add it to the links list" that are misconstrued to mean I could do that elsewheres as well...I can't. I only do it/can do it because I started the lists, so no one else can add to them.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

Lynn

billd5string

1957 Ford Del Rio
1967 Mercury Cougar
2015 Ram 1500
2018 Mustang GT (daily driver)

Lou

There are several accounts of that record run printed, including a folder printed by Ford and passed out to the public, have a copy of it in my literature collection.
Also there was a 3 or 4 page article done in Hot Rod and Look magazine.
One of the cars used in that run was restored and just sold in 2015. 

fdlrc

Good stuff! The name, Jerry  Unser was interesting.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco