News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

seat belt mounting

Started by RICH MUISE, 2016-03-08 20:00

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I picked up a set of retractable seat belts in Phoenix. The outer sides are goint to be located right over the frame. I haven't crawled under the car to see how much space we've got. I'm wondering what you guys that have done this have done there. Is there enough room for a heavy plate between the floor and frame?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

SkylinerRon

Because of the deep floors on 57's the mountings are sort of odd.
Right on top of the frame may make it hard to reach.
I'd try close to where the seat tracks are and on the side of the trans tunnel.
The factory belt set-up was sort of an odd looking multi-bolt bracket kit that fits
very well but, no longer meets spec for belts.

You might want to get some reinforcement plates out of a late model.

Goodluck,

Ron.

RICH MUISE

Thanks for the input, Ron. I'll probably end up having to fabricate something to strengthen the area, maybe a heavier version of the oem idea, whatever that is. Anybody got a pic of the oem bracket?

Ray

If someone can tell me how to post them or where to send them, I have original instructions.
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

Limey57

I have used VW Golf/Jetta seat belts in my Ranchero as I wanted modern retractable units.  There isn't much room between the chassis and floor so made plates to bolt the belts just outboard of the chassis (between the chassis rail and the inner rocker) and they fitted quite well.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

I'll check into that as well, Gary. Thanks.
Ray if you can email them to me I'll post them here. richardmuise@yahoo.com

Ray

OK Rich, I'll scan them. I have to do it in sections because of the document size. I have a lot of others as well. Ask when I e-mail you or I can probably send you a list.
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

SkylinerRon

Rich,
Fox bodies have nice flat plates especially under the backseat.
Goodluck,

Ron.

Ecode70D

Rich
   For now, this is the best I can do on OEM seat belt pictures from the 57 2dr wagon that I had.
Notice the curved plates with nuts welded to them.  They are placed under the floor.  The attaching bolts get screwed into the plates from the top .   

RICH MUISE

Thanks for all the info, guys. Ray, I got the emails. Things are getting a little crazy here, so this has got to go on the back burner for a while. I'll post what I end up trying/doing.