News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

312 connecting rods length ????

Started by djfordmanjack, 2016-03-20 17:45

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

I just use an 11/32 drill bit to measure, if it doesn't fit between the adjusting ball and the body it's a 1.54 ratio
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2016-03-27 11:59
I just use an 11/32 drill bit to measure, if it doesn't fit between the adjusting ball and the body it's a 1.54 ratio

UM...... Mr. Jim sir    Just one question please.
      What do I do with the 11/32 drill?   Do I  leave it in the rocker arm and install the rocker cover?   Should I put a couple of tie wraps on it to hold it in  place?   

hiball3985

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2016-03-27 12:24
      UM...... Mr. Jim sir    Just one question please.
      What do I do with the 11/32 drill?   Do I  leave it in the rocker arm and install the rocker cover?   Should I put a couple of tie wraps on it to hold it in  place?
Too many Easter eggs today Jay? At your age and experience you should know to use duct tape :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Jim
     I decided to not even bother to open it up to see what I actually did that I can't remember now anyways.
    So the whole thing makes no difference.  The car runs beautifully and if it ain't broken, I'm not going to fix it.    That amount of time would be better spent taking a nap.  Jay

jumping jack flash

I have to say, I really enjoyed reading about the Y block engine. I haven't run one since 1970. That motor had every piece of performance you could think about. It developed a knock, and I found the block to be cob - webbed where the main cap bolts go into the block.I installed the first version of the 289 cobra [5 bolt bell housing ] and never looked back. Still I like the Y block sound, and would be inclined to build another one if my life is long enough to get around to that. I'm soon to be 64, and have way too many projects.I had that 57 ranchero for 23 years. I am currently building the one I always wanted, and will stick with the small block for this build.

Zapato

Met a fellow last week at the Portland Swap Meet that deals in nothing but y-block parts. I will. Visit him next week to buy an oil pan and pickup tube ($20-) and check out some G heads ($200-) and the best part of it he's about 15 minutes away from me. No shipping costs and get to personally check out what am buying.

Only thing keeping me away from going over is waiting to get my truck back from body shop. Nothing more aggravating  than dealing with hit and run parking lot damage. Hopefully there is a special wing for those a**holes in HELL.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72