News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Emergency Brake Cover

Started by lalessi1, 2016-06-03 12:32

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

Hey Rich I saw you were interested in a pic of the e-brake cover that goes under the dash in another post. Here is mine. The base flange is a little larger than original though, I had to repair it. If want more detail let me know.
Lynn

RICH MUISE

Just got back from a 2 day road trip to a Red River, NM car show.
Thanks for posting that, Lynn. That's completly different from any info I previously had. From what you are saying, that (metal) cover is one that was on the car and that you repaired it? Makes me wonder if it was a later Ford fix for the composite materialed one.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

It is not metal it is that funky "paper mache" stuff (although I think it is oil based). I made a wooden ring out of model plywood and slipped it over the outside of the ball. I then caulked it on and painted it. It seems to be holding up very nicely. You might be able to make one out of a plastic ball.....
Lynn

RICH MUISE

Wow...never would have guessed from the pic. Great job on the restoration....lol...you may be one of the few on the planet that actually has one.
For some reason I thought the oem one was rectangular.
I've already made a replacement cover , but nothing that look like that or as good as that.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

Thanks, I remembered the one one my '57 in 1963 so I know this is more or less the correct thingy! :003:
Lynn