News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Dual Side Mirrors

Started by mbell, 2015-01-01 21:27

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

yes the mirrors must be outside of the fender rib to get good backview.

SkylinerRon

FYI,  57-64 are the same spotlight head. Mounts and shafts are different for different years.
L&R are the same head but, there is a different mirror insert spacer on each side.
The spots can be tightened so they don't flop around. There is a clamping mechanism.

Ron.

jumping jack flash

If you decide to put the mirrors on the door, be sure to check out Limey's delima. He screwed his mirror in place , and then couldn't operate his vent windows. I did the same thing about 45 years ago on my first ranchero. Since I don't like to use the vent window, and have considered gluing it shut to eliinate wind noise....I'll most likely do it again, when I install a set of sports mirrors from a 79 Cougar on the present project. They are adjustable from inside the car also, via a set of adjusting cables, for both sides. :burnout:

SkylinerRon

The factory hooded mirrors work great because only the glass moves, the body is solid so set it
and forget it.
One of my cars has the factory mirror if anyone needs the measurements for the hooded one.
It does mount just outside the rib.

Ron.

Wirenut

Ron, I know it's an old post but I would like the fender mount mirror measurements. Thank you