News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

70A I bought out of Texas.

Started by ricky knight, 2016-07-26 21:06

Previous topic - Next topic

ricky knight

Right now its a 292 3 speed. Will be taking it apart this winter for a color change. and a 428 PI with a T-85 unless one of you guys want it before I start on it.

Contibob

I know everybody has the right to do with their car as they please, but I hope you are kidding us. It is so nice as is.

hiball3985

Ricky, can you provide some info on the mechanical condition? Was it a ground up restoration or mechanically restored in some form? I've walked away from more then a few that were turds with a nice paint job, not saying this one is. I would consider mine a painted turd when I bought it, I knew what I was getting into, but everything was there and salvageable and the price was cheap.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

ricky knight

its a really good car. Has had a couple of patches in the front floor pans. Nothing major. The paint is very nice, I color sanded and buffed it when I bought it back last December. I was told it was painted 4 years ago. It has a new Labaron Bonney interior, dash and garnish moldings have been painted, new steel wheels new tires and NOS hubcaps. I have the front end off the car right now and the motor is out. I just painted the firewall the color of the car and just had the inner fenders and core support and all the brackets Powdercoated. the car was an automatic and I just put a t-85 straight shift in it. bumpers have been chromed and all new emblems. I will be putting the motor back in it this weekend and should have it put back together in a couple of weeks. Detailing every piece under the hood takes time but it sure makes a big difference.