News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 with a mustang engine

Started by canadian_ranchero, 2016-08-06 22:49

Previous topic - Next topic

canadian_ranchero

saw this fairlane at a local car show, doner car was a 2007 mustang gt.here are some pictures 

RICH MUISE

Wow.....beatiful. Dash fits  like it was made for it. That was a local car? Color scheme similar to Bob's, just a little tammer. That is my favorite Fairlane model...love all the chrome/ss.
Any more pics....particularly of the dash area at the ends?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

canadian_ranchero

car is from  spuce grove [beside edmonton].i did not take anymore inside pictures.i did see that you need to open the door to crank down the windows.no room between the side of the mustang dash and the window handle.puting in power windows would fix this problem

RICH MUISE

My money is betting he has the electric window switches that use an oem looking handle for the lever to actuate. Thanks for posting that, Gary. It's amazing the cars you find out are in your own backyard.

57AGIN

canadian_ranchero & Rich:

That is a great looking Fairlane.  Isn't it amazing how massive that 281 cubic inch mod motor is and totally fills up a 57's engine compartment.  I know Rich that you have gone this way and it is one heck of a project.  I do like the way he integrated the 2007 dash into his 57, but I already have one like it in my Shelby GT and don"t need to replicate it in my 57.  Besides, some nostalgia is good for the soul.  But, he does have a neat car.

Bob
57 AGIN

RICH MUISE

"Isn't it amazing how massive that 281 cubic inch mod motor is and totally fills up a 57's engine compartment.  I know Rich that you have gone this way and it is one heck of a project."
Yes it is, and Canadian Ranchero/Gary is also going the 4.6 route...and I'm pretty sure at this point he'll also agree with the "one heck of a project"
LOL....Going back a few years when Gary and a Socal guy, who's name I forget, were working out the details on how to get the installation done,  and I had sent Gary a pm basically asking what was taking the socal guy so long since he had hired a local conversion guru to help him do it. How things change...Gary and I now both know what takes so long.
The Fairlane that Canadian posted actually has the 3 valve, SOHC version...dimensionally quite a bit smaller than ours. Still fills that compartment nicely though.
Bob...are we gonna be seeing an update on your rebuild thread soon?

57AGIN

Rich:

Yes, regarding the update to my reconstruction project.  I'm not sure what is hanging up Pete on having the color sanding done on the fire wall & body.  As soon as that is done, the car will go over to Westminster Transmission for the reinstall of the engine & transmission, then back to Santini's for the full hanging and gapping of fenders, doors, trim, etc.  Then off to Wahl's Upholstery for re-installation of the interior.  I had Steve Stanford (He's a frequent contributor to Street Rodder & recently did an art show at the Peterson Automotive Museum) do some rendering of my interior to see if it might be redone slightly.  The jury, my wallet, is still out on that though. lol Naturally, being the photo pest that I am, each step in the final processes will be documented.

Bob
57 AGIN

57AGIN

Rich:

By-the-way my Shelby GT has the 4.6 3-valve in it.  It isn't quite as massive in dimensions as the 4-valve versions are, but it is still big compared to a Y-block, FE, or other Ford engines.  I really like what adding the Edelbrock E-Force supercharger has done to the car.  Now it feels like a Shelby should, ANGRY.  The coil covers really make this engine seem as large as the 5.4 4-valve motors, but it's just a dinky little 281 ci Monster.  If I didn't live in California the car would have a lot more modifications, but as it sits it is CARB Legal in all 50 States.

Bob
57 AGIN

Limey57

Quote from: canadian_ranchero on 2016-08-06 22:49
saw this fairlane at a local car show, doner car was a 2007 mustang gt.here are some pictures

That interior is absolutely fantastic, are there any build photographs anywhere online?
Gary

1957 Ranchero