News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rick Wurth???????????????

Started by Amblewagon, 2008-01-07 16:43

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfpupsdad

joe , before ya go laying out money for a lawyer , might be worth thinking about making a trip to colorado.

rockymountaincustom

I also ordered a rack system along with a steering column about 6 months ago and never received it. I let my credit card company now about it and received a refund about a month later. I would have rather got the parts but I think something happened to rick. He had 40 days to contest the refund and never herd any thing. When I am finished building my own rack system I will also post pictures. I have the bare frame sitting on the shop floor so I will have some very good pictures of the brackets. I found the article in custom rodder of ricks system and ordered the rack he used, but have another idea banging around in my head that might work a little better, specially if you are using air bags and plan to lower your car.

johns2000

Just noticed Rick's website back up and running but the emails I send just come back as undeliverable??

briney

I hear crickets...

Any other updates on Rick..?

I looks like a lot of people got screwed.

Good luck with any support from him..

Patrick / Dallas, TX   :unitedstates:
If it won't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

Amblewagon

I filed a complaint with the Federal trade commison,it's supposed to be higher up than the BBB.I have not talked to my laywer YET.I'm still just steaming about this whole deal.
HAGD Joe

briney

Thanks for the update.

I hope you get your money back.

The whole situation is pretty unprofessional.

Patrick / Dallas   :unitedstates:
If it won't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

Amblewagon

Thanks!!Check his website,it's slightly different than it was.The info about his heart attack is gone and so is the phone #.I'm hoping he's going to post a new # but thats wishful thinking.HAGD Joe

gregyoung

To all you people who have paid for things join the club.Finally after years of ringing and emails i got hold of him and he s wife has left him sorry to say and is going into brankruptsy and shifting to L A.What a same because hes product works great

KidKourier

Hey fellas,  Rick Wurth is up and running , he started building racks again as of May 31st--2008 in Escondido,Ca. just before San Diego. He redid his web page and the phone # listed is his new and currant #, also he address this forum about his health and business problems in Colorado if you check out the past posts. In it he stated that anybody who was missing parts or money to please contact him at the new #, he didn't get into business to rip people off! I'm not banging the drum for Rick, but after a messy devorice myself, I know s_ _ t can happen! I've been in touch with Rick last week about ordering a rack system for my car, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and see where it goes, he's only "1" hr. away if it goes south! Remember Boyd Cottington went bankrupt on his wheel business and look how that turned out. Anyway, I'll keep you posted with Rick and his rack/my car.  SKIP

Amblewagon

Yes I talked to him a little over three weeks ago and he explained the whole ordeal.I was promised my parts in two weeks,still waiting.I'm sure he has quite a hole to dig out of,so I have my fingers crossed.I was glad to have contact with him at least,I'll let everyone know if I get my parts.

Amblewagon

UPDATE,well after close to two years I got my parts!!!!!The only thing I'm waiting on is the front sway bar and Rick says it will be shipped.So far so good.I feel bad for everything thats happend to him.I just wish he would have made a few phone calls to keep all of us updated.I was pulling my hair out.lol So I hope everyone else gets there stuff,it sure looks like he's trying to get everyone taking care of.
Joe

wolfpupsdad

2 YEARS????? DAMN AND I THOUGHT I WAS INPATIENT WITH WAITING ALMOST 1 YEAR, LOL.
i agree a few phone calls would have saved alot of business for rick but glad you got your stuff.

DanTudor57

I'll have to call rick for details on these airbag mods..

if anyone has a rack with the mods, I'd like to see some pictures..

KidKourier

DanTudor57,  The only one that has these mods to Rick,s rack is custom57 (see gallery pictures) as far as I know, I ordered one from Rick with the changes for air bags Monday but have no confirmed delivery date(he left for Colorado today for a week to bring back more tools and equipment) so custom57 could give you the info on changes and maybe some pics of his?  SKIP :006: