News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Hello from Argentina

Started by German57, 2017-02-17 14:51

Previous topic - Next topic

German57

Hi to all!!! Many thanks for let me to join this forum!! I?m from C?rdoba, Argentina. I have a Ford Custom Tudor 300 1957, bought it many years ago (10 year more or less) started the restoration a few months ago, have the 272cid already rebuilt, now it?s time to work in the frame and body (in very poor shape both).
I?ll look and read all that I can in this forum to learn from you and I hope to be helpful in any subjet!!

Germ?n Morelli

Ecode70D

Welcome to the site.   You will find lots of guys here that have had and repaired just about every problem that can be found on a 57 Ford and they are very helpful.
     Best wishes with your 57 Ford Custom. Jay 

djfordmanjack

Argentina has a rich history in Fords. You had your own ford factories from the 1920s30s. I have seen many a RHD Model A or Model 40 Ford.  Welcome !!!

hiball3985

Welcome to the forum. Was it Argentina or Brazil that had the Windsor heads for Y blocks?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

German57

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2017-02-17 16:54
    Welcome to the site.   You will find lots of guys here that have had and repaired just about every problem that can be found on a 57 Ford and they are very helpful.
     Best wishes with your 57 Ford Custom. Jay 

Many thanks Jay!!!! I?m sure this site will be very helpful for me!!!

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2017-02-17 17:27
Argentina has a rich history in Fords. You had your own ford factories from the 1920s30s. I have seen many a RHD Model A or Model 40 Ford.  Welcome !!!

Yes you?re right!! The first factory started in 1922 and was the first in Latin America and the second outside the USA!! Here you can see many Models T, A and ?40s V8 much more common to see than ours ?57s.

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2017-02-17 18:22
Welcome to the forum. Was it Argentina or Brazil that had the Windsor heads for Y blocks?

Many thans Hiball!! Yes, is here, Ford Motor Argentina took the Windsor head desing for our 292cid Y-Blocks, here we call it "Fase 2" they used it for the argentinien Fairlane (Ford Torino) and F100/350/600

hiball3985

Thank you for the correction, I apologize for not knowing the correct country, my S. American car history isn't very good. Please post pictures of your project, we like pictures  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

German57

I?ll post pics soon as possible, now I?m out of my city for work and the access to Internet is very limited (Websense software) so it?s impossible for me to use Photobuket or similar!