News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Which Headlight

Started by JimNolan, 2018-09-30 09:00

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

Believe it or not, I'm asking which headlight to buy for my 57. Napa has three headlights that would fit my car. My car has the original wiring and fuses. There's a 65/55 watt bulb. A 60/50 watt bulb and a 65/35 watt bulb. I've always just bought a bulb that the clerk said fit my car. I happen to notice all bulbs are not equal. What say ye.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

lalessi1

I have Wagner Halogen lights on mine. I don't drive much at night so I haven't had an issue YET. The problem as I see it is that our cars don't have a headlight relay so all the current goes through the switches. I would stay with the lowest wattage...
Lynn

hiball3985

I'm using the helogen ones from Scott Drake, they have Ford script and claim they use less power.
I don't see them listed on his site? I got mine from Amazon

Summit has them.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Yes, 3 halogens are readily available. Before my car got wired, I just ran the lowest ones available and never had any problems. Still use them in fact. Locally here, O'reill's and such sell the two upper ones, and Walmart sells the lower one. 7.77 last time I bought one at Walmart. Haven't really had a need to change to the higher output ones, and I don't want to be the guy on the road that annoys everybody with their too-high of output headlights anyways.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JimNolan

Well, since all three bulbs are in the 60 watt load for high beam. And, I've driven allot with high beams on and never blown a fuse and taking into consideration that I can't see sh__ with the low beams. I decided to go with the 60/50 6014N bulb. NAPA had to order them. I'd guess the one's I got now are the 65/35 6024N because you can't see a thing with the low beams on. Thanks guys for your input on this.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.