News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rear Sway Bar

Started by 57imposter, 2018-07-02 13:38

Previous topic - Next topic

57imposter

I think I will look at mounting it under the axle. Lost the rear end on my way home from Bend Oregon on Sunday so it will be on the hoist for some time and I can play around with it and see if there is a reasonable way to get it mounted.

57imposter

Finally got around to taking a serious look at mounting the Concourse rear sway bar. Long story short it looks like it will take a major exhaust system re-design to have any chance of making it fit and after that there may be a clearance issue with the stock shock mounting posission as well as axle vent and brake line T fitting location, [ which they did mention in the instructions.] All things considered, it may be more effort than it's worth. If you are thinking about one of these, it should be one of the first things you buy and mount as that will allow you to design other components around it. I have it crammed up where  think it should go and my rebuilt third member isn't back so i'll mess around with it some more before completely giving up. 

hiball3985

I guess I was lucky and it cleared the exhaust that was already in the car, no issue clearing shocks and I did have to make the little bracket to move the brake line T.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang