News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Hurricain Florence

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2018-09-12 08:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

Anybody from the Carolinas or Virginia running away from her?  The front door is open, I have room for a couple or a couple with a small child.  While Birmingham may get some of the "outlying" rain we will be free of the heavy stuff.  I am willing to move things around to get your 57 inside should storms come our way.

Got to thinking....might help to have my phone number....205 853 9392.....nope, no cell, don't have one.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Good of you to offer that Bill. Lots of car guys in the path of that storm.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

I don't know what to say Bill, other than WOW! That has to be probably the most generous and unselfish  thing I have ever seen offered on any public forum. I knew this was a pretty tight community, but for someone to open their doors, both figuratively and literally to people they don't know, and even go as far as putting their phone number on a public board is nothing short of astounding.   :023:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

gasman826

KYBlueOval

His offer is genuine, as is he. I stopped in Birmingham to visit with Bill,on our way back from the beach,and get some expert pointers on Rancheroes, and he offered my wife and I lodging for the night, but we needed to be in Louisville the next morning and could not accept his generous offer. Very generous.
John

Ecode70D

WOW Bill
      That is very nice of you to offer shelter to someone during the storm that is coming
       I have always stated  that this is a real friendly site. Jay   

djfordmanjack

great !
lets hope that it's not needed. cross our fingers  !

Ford Blue blood

Thanks guys, no need though. 

It's just the old Navy coming out. Been helping out folks for years, just what we did.  No matter how well deployment plans are/were made there is/was always something that requires the wife to ask for help.  We learned early on that the needs went in both directions.  Never leave a shipmate or his wife in a bind.  Mind you that was back in the day before emails, cell phones, and text.  Mail was weeks between question asked and answered.  Letters were numbered so you could read them in order.  Deployments were between 8 - 10 months long, plenty of time for "stuff" to happen.  The only "fast" communication at that time was a Ham Radio operator (if you had a station on the ship) or the Red Cross telegram (something you didn't want to get).

Things are different now but old habits are hard to break!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II