News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

What have you used for Dash Indicator Lights?

Started by KYBlueOval, 2018-09-17 14:25

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

I'm working on my dash ( it's out of the car ) and have VDO Cockpit Royale gauges laid out and I wondering what you have used as indicator lights?
I have some LED Indicator lights that have a chrome bezel that I could use. The Bezel is 716" in diameter, with a 3/16" LED lens.
I'm wondering if there is something available with a chrome bezel that is smaller in diameter.
What have you used, and where were they purchased?
Thanks
John

Ford Blue blood

John, I looked for almost a year to find a set of small chrome rimmed indicator lights.  I admit I'm not very good at that "search" thing but just had no luck.  Finally ended up quite by accident (some times it's good to be lucky) using 1/2" conduit welded to the back side of the dash and a 1/8" hole.  Turns out the 57 bulb socket fits snuggly into the conduit.  All my dash lights are LED.

Added the picture of the dash, the high beam and left turn are on.  Tried to take the picture in the dark but could not figure out how to disable the flash.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

I used Ron Francis. 5/16 dia. Don't forget your hi beam indicator light also
http://www.ronfrancis.com/searchprods.asp
Type in "dash indicator lights" in the search block
Just a head's up.....green turn indicators have been perfect. The blue one I used for the high beams was super bright..burn a hole in your forehead bright. I figured I ordered the "bright" version by mistake, so I reordered a "dim" one. No change. When I drive at night with the hi beams on, I have to put something on the dash panel to block the light. It's on my to-do list to fix. I'm like 100% sure they got their lights mixed up in inventory. You might ask them to check it, tell them my experience.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57imposter

Check out the Pico chrome bodied lights. They are LED but are not insanely bright.  7/16 hole and the spades are large enough to accept 1/4" wire ends.

RICH MUISE

I think he's looking for something smaller than the 7/16. Here's a pic of my dash panel w/ Ron Francis 5/16"
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

KYBlueOval

Thanks for the replies. In my perfect world, where I seldom get to live, I'd find 3MM LED's set in a chrome housing, shaped like what Rich has used. Bill, I like your idea. I just might steal it if I can't find what I described.
I'll keep looking. They're out there somewhere...........I hope.
John