News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 ford grill

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2018-10-08 16:51

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

ok,  i've been talking to people about my parking lite housing,   and how its mounted to the grill,   would any one have a grill laying around that u could take a picture from the back or front if the lite housing is out so i can c what mounting ways i can remount in case i grind out the orig studs from the front,  thanks    jerry

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

geraldchainsaw

thanks Joe,  just what i needed,   i plan on grinding off the mounting studs on the lite housing and i needed to know where there was some stock for drilling to remount,  thanks   again,    jerry

CobraJoe

You're welcome, glad I could help.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

Tom S

Quote from: geraldchainsaw on 2018-10-08 17:57
... i plan on grinding off the mounting studs on the lite housing and i needed to know where there was some stock for drilling to remount ...

I think you have the idea.  I did about the same thing with some hard to reach turn signal housings that had little studs that tended to break off when removing the nut. A couple self tapping screws took care of that.

Hoosier Hurricane

Jerry, don't grind the bolt heads off yet.  I looked at my Ranchero, and with a short 7/16 box end wrench I could reach through the space between the grille bars under the light and get to the nuts on the housing.  If you don't have a wrench short enough, pick up a cheap wrench at a flea market or offshore tool dealer, and cut it short enough to clear the splash pan as you remove the nuts.  A short 1/4" ratchet would also probably work, but you may need a deep socket, which would make it a little more difficult.   John

geraldchainsaw

tO jOHN,     i did grind off the bolt heads,  this cars not a point car,    and i always look for the easy way,  any way its all
done,  and the turn signal works,  thanks to all of the guys for advice,   jerry