News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

cowl vent

Started by alltin33, 2020-01-31 09:53

Previous topic - Next topic

alltin33

How to remove cowl vent ?  I removed all the mounting screws on front of vent is there something I'm missing inside the car under the dash.

lalessi1

The cowl vent has tabs that hold it in the rear at the base of the window. Once the screws are out you can pry it up in the front and pull it out towards the front of the car. The rubber strip is probably just stuck. The tabs have rubber on them as well.
Lynn

alltin33

Great information  as always 57fordsforever                   

Thanks

mustang6984

This is going to make you laugh...but...WD-40 along the rubber strip the night before...and then some more as you get ready to tug on it...may well help.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

alltin33

The seal was easy to unstick  took a thin putty knife very carefully ran it under the seal. After I removed the vent took out the screen and repainted with satin black trim paint.

Thank you for responding

mustang6984

Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

IF you're going to install aftermarket A/C and permanently close off the oem air vents, you may want to use some rubberized tape on the inside of the screen, then spray the topside with that spray-can rubber seal. It won't totally seal off the vent, but no sense having more water in the cowl area than necessary.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe