News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Carpet question

Started by Contibob, 2018-11-03 00:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Contibob

I need to replace the carpet in my Sunliner. I see ACC offers both molded or cut and sewn. Which is the best way to go for fit and ease of installation?

rmk57

I have the molded ACC carpet in my Custom and i'm quite happy with the fit and finish. It's been in there for 6-7 years and is still holding up pretty well from regular wear and tear.

I had one sewn carpet for a Edsel wagon once and it was a disaster. It WAS NOT from ACC and I cant remember the name of the company, somewhere in Oregon. When it was

installed it was too short and wouldnt tuck underneath the rear seat no matter how hard you tried stretch it. The Acc I have had lots of extra material and had to be trimmed

here and there for sill plates, etc..  Originally mine had a rubber mat, which I would have preferred but wasn't available at the time.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

JimNolan

I went with cut and sewn the first time. Unless you are a professional automotive carpet layer, stay away from that. Molded Carpet is the only way to go. It'll look good when you get through.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Contibob

Thanks for the replies. Oddly enough 5 of my 6 57's have cut and sewn. All look good, but they were there when I bought the cars. What was installed from the factory if anyone knows?

JimNolan

Quote from: Contibob on 2018-11-03 22:53
Thanks for the replies. Oddly enough 5 of my 6 57's have cut and sewn. All look good, but they were there when I bought the cars. What was installed from the factory if anyone knows?
Cut and Sewn
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Ray

Sunliners were all rubber mats. No Carpet
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

thomasso

I had two Sunliners and both have carpeting.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

lalessi1

I recently listed a Fairlane 500 2 door sedan for a friend, I was amazed at the fact it had rubber mats!
Lynn

SkylinerRon

Sunliners were all factory rubber mats and vinyl seats.

Ron.