News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Low/No Option Cars

Started by troublemaker427, 2018-10-31 10:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Rod Custom

For some reason, I've always gravitated towards the more "plain" cars. My current 70A only has a heater as an option. However, I did add front disc brakes, dual reservoir master cylinder, and seat belts for safety's sake. I like all of the Fords/Mercs/Edsels from that era, and I always like to look at a high option Crown Victoria, Skyliner, Sunliner, 500XL, etc, but my heart skips a beat for the base models.

Just last weekend at a local car show, there was a 1967 Plymouth sedan with a Hemi as well as a full-on pro-touring '55 Buick. Man, those cars were cool, but not too many lookers. I guess the low option cars are an acquired taste for most people. Me? I've always preferred them. My first car ever was a 1967 Fairlane 500 two door sedan with a 390-4V/4 speed. It was black on black. Oh, how I wished I had that one back!

Ecode70D

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2018-11-05 11:52
Gee........ at this low Price .. Ford Dealers were giving you an air cleaner AND Directional signals......

Where did I put my time Machine.

Um.... Jeff I think that you left your time machine in the drive in movies back in the day.  Maybe they are still holding it for you.  When you do find it, get me a few of those 57 Customs.  I can't spend much  so make them with everything delete.   On second thought make them with 312 and 3 speed on the column.
  They can keep all the fancy do dads.  Jay 

JPotter57

My car was built in Dallas, TX, and was heater radio clock delete.  I added the stationary quarter glass and will be building the tray for Business Sedan status.  I got a passenger side sunvisor delete from Tom Drummond.  The only option mine had otherwise was the 272 Fordomatic, which was long gone when I got it.  It had been drag raced last in 1968 with a 390 and 4 speed.  Now has 427 and 4 speed.  Much more fun.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.