News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Power Windows and door locks

Started by JimNolan, 2008-08-14 16:49

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

Guys,
   Just thought I'd share this with you. I installed power windows and door locks on the car this week. I had one window regulator that was giving me trouble so I cured it with power windows. I got them thru Ball's Rod and Custom in FLa. The windows are Nu-Relics and they fit the holes of the crank regulator perfectly. I had a bunch of drilling and wiring to do but the job went like this. Two days on the drivers door to bend the rods of the door locks and locate the position of the switch plus wire them up. Six hours on the passenger door.
   I used the switch that enables you to use your original crank. Looks good and works good. So, If you need power window I recommend Nu-Relics. Not saying they might quit tomarrow but they work really nice now. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

frosty

well what i did for my power windows. was  i took the crank off the old ones an set the motor unit on the old window risers then welded a plate to hold the motor in place, then just installed them back in the original place, and put the power switch  in place where the old crank handle was.

cool57

Quote from: frosty on 2008-08-14 17:51
well what i did for my power windows. was  i took the crank off the old ones an set the motor unit on the old window risers then welded a plate to hold the motor in place, then just installed them back in the original place, and put the power switch  in place where the old crank handle was.
Frosty, did you use original style FoMoCo window motors and switches?