News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

front bumper

Started by Charter, 2019-09-04 19:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Charter

Can someone post some pictures of their bumper when standing in front of each headlight looking straight down ? Standing to the side, show me how the bumper lines up with the wheel opening. When stooped down is the top edge of the bumper level with the valance ?   I must have a bent bracket and would like to get it straight rather than elongate the holes in the brackets.

lalessi1

The top edge of the bumper should be at the same height as the top of the valence. The distance between the edge of the bumper and the top front edge of the valence should be the same across the width of the car.

Here is a pic. My car's bumper is better than a lot of them but it is not straight so this is a pic of a high dollar car with a perfect fit.
Lynn

hiball3985

Unlike most mine is pretty straight, my friends wagon is like most others and it aggravates the hell out of him when he sees mine.. I don't know if its because they have been hit or tolerance stack?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

lalessi1

I think mine was poorly straightened. The bumper guards are not quite parallel and the bumper has a twist in it (unmounted). There are no dents in it though. I suspect the bumper guards can twist the bumper if they are even mildly hit, especially high. I think I can get it pretty close though, just haven't got around to it.
Lynn

RICH MUISE

The bumper ends should be pretty close to being inline with the wheel well opening. The rest of the alignment is as mentioned above.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

There is a bracket that ties to the splash shield behind the park light that ties to the end of the bumper.  Both 57s I has (2dr ht from TX and a rusted in half 300) had "crooked" front bumpers and both were missing that bracket.  The wagon I had had those and when I took them off to do some needed sheet metal alignment the bumper went "crooked", that is the ends pointed up.  Look and see if they are there on your car.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II