News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Ford alternaters

Started by Ecode70D, 2019-01-24 15:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

There had been some talk about police cars  and certain other 57 Fords with alternators.  I remember that Hiball Jim knew about them.
     These are pictures that member Randy Conner sent me of the Leesie Neville alternater and rectifier.  The rectifier was usually located near to the core support on the police cars.  Six cylinder cars had them on a bracket near the alternator.

CobraJoe

That's some scary looking stuff there Jay.   :003:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Ecode70D

HAHA Joe
   I almost had to send these to you by email, but was actually able to post them myself.

FWIW They also had these scary units in the 55 Ford 6 volt Mass State Police cars.   I remember it in My brother's 55 MSP car that bought before he bought the 57.

This is another picture of the 57 Ford Leesie Neville alternator

hiball3985

Thank you for the pictures Jay. I remember our conversation about these. Later I learned they were available as early as 1949..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Jim
     I don't think that I would ever want to have one of those units on a car today.  Where would you ever get replacement parts if  you are on the road somewhere?

Randy
I'm glad that you saved that old stuff so we could see what it looked like.